Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Roughin' It

We took a five day Kirchner family camping trip to Table Rock Lake.

The picture below is of a squirrel who stole a bag of Twizzlers from our neighbor.  He opened the bag and ran off with the candy.  These crazy squirrels were on our tents in the mornings too.


We tent camped since we aren't sure about taking the RV this far.  The second night we had to buy a new air mattress that would hold air.  Louis had a little bed next to ours but each night he'd pop up and crawl onto our bed.  I really don't mind tent camping but I've got my eye out for a vintage trailer to fix up. 


We rented a boat one of the days. 


Louis swam in the lake with daddy.  He was a little nervous and didn't like the cold water at first.  Once he got used to it he had fun. 


The swim wiped him out so he rested with Nana.


Hanging out with Papa on the boat.


Enjoying time with his cousins!


Uncle Todd & Louis' cousins taught him how to fish. 


 Louis enjoyed the trolley ride in Branson.


We got him a cowboy hat at the dime store and he rode the horse.  If the picture isn't enough, here is a video of the ride.



Louis got another head injury camping.  He fell off the picnic table onto his head.  I saw the whole thing and freaked out with my gasping.  I'm sure that just makes Louis cry harder.  I try not to do it but it just comes out of my mouth!



Joe and I drove down to Eureka Springs, Arkansas.  I've always wanted to go.  The town was cute & we had a nice lunch and walked around to the shops.  Louis wasn't so sure about this ledge!


Thank goodness for fountains!



Later we took in a nice view of the lake and watched Joe skip rocks.


I think my best was 2 skips.  Joe got up to 18.  I hate it when he is better than me at stuff but I can't stop laughing when he makes fun of me.  Here is a video but I couldn't get his really good ones recorded.



We ended the trip with a stop at Lambert's.  Louis loved watching them throw rolls and loved eating them even more!  It turned out to be a pretty healthy stop as I shared grilled chicken and veggies with him.  Definitely the first healthy meal I've ordered there and I had enough left over for a complete dinner meal that night.


Happy boy!  He really loves camping so we are working on more trips for the summer.  I'm happy we can pass this Kirchner tradition down to Louis.


No comments:

Post a Comment