Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Fun

I've been having some technical difficulties so this is a long post.  I've typed up a couple other blogs so I'll post one a day!  Check back or sign up for e-mail updates if you want to see them.

We had an afternoon lunch date a few weeks ago with Kim & Molly.  I was worried about Louis because he didn't get a great nap but he did fine.  I did let him crawl around on the dirty floor for a while but no one was really there to witness it.  I would have been appalled by that before I actually had a kid!


Nana met us one afternoon for a picnic and visit to Kaufman Gardens.  Days like this I really appreciate living near such great areas of the city!


We met the cat, Crazy, at Kaufman Gardens.  He was really sweet when we got there but on our way out we witnessed him killing a baby bunny.  Poor bunny and poor Louis!!


Hydrangeas.  My favorite!



Louis also had a nasty scrape from a fall.  Luckily, I had the first aid kit in the truck.  He did a great job putting some pressure on his cuts while my mom & I got out some band aids.  He was pretty upset about this fall but very interested in the blood.


Loving the fountains at the garden, of course!


Hayley & I had a pretty decent garage sale at my house.  We made some money & the neighborhood set up a charity pick-up after the sale.  I LOVE getting rid of stuff but I always have remorse after.  And I am always shocked about how much stuff we accumulate.  I'm seriously thinking about trying to only buy essentials for a whole year.  I'm curious to see if we could do it.


Aiden and Louis had fun playing during the sale.  Aiden found a new shirt during the sale!


One great thing about our neighborhood is that they do a lot of parties.  There are some private parks within the houses and after the sale they had a blue grass band.  Louis loved dancing to the music!


He also liked the jump house and we met the twins down the street that are the same age.  I'm hoping to set a play date with them soon.


We had another Loose Park play date.  This time it was with my friend Amy and her little guy, Leo.


We tried the spray park which Leo loved but Louis wasn't so sure.


We introduced Louis to Foo's our favorite custard place in Brookside.  This was before my diet crack-down post.


It was a hit and he tried to go back for seconds.


Since Louis was so good about going on the potty in Germany, my mom bought him some big boy undies.  We tried them out the other day.  I explained the whole deal and thought he was getting it because he does use the potty at least twice everyday and usually doesn't need prompting.


Well, the first pair lasted about 10 minutes.  So we tried the second pair.  Nope, same deal.  After about 10 or 20 minutes I had to clean up a puddle.  I guess I'll keep trying but I really have no idea what the next step is here.


He is so adorable and funny when he wears these!  He gets really excited and checks himself out in the mirror.  In fact, both puddles I cleaned up were next to the mirror.  If you have any tips on potty training, send them my way.  I know he is young so I'm not worried but since he is showing interest I want to keep up the enouragement.

Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment