Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I Scream. You Scream.

Who can say no to free ice cream?  Not me.  Not even with my list of goals written on here for all to see.

So the other day we went to the zoo with my friend Nancy & little Ruby.  It was fun hanging out but I have to say I the KC zoo is one of my least favorites.  I've been to quite a few zoos so I'd say I'm an ok judge of zoo character.  There is just so much walking with little animal reward.


Louis was not into the petting zoo although Ruby ran right in!


Ruby fell asleep at the end of our time at the zoo but as we were leaving I saw the sea lion show was starting so Louis and I stayed to watch.  It was the best part for Louis.  He loved watching the show and was able to get pretty close to the sea lion & seals.


So we left the zoo and there it was.  FREE ICE CREAM.  DQ Dilly Bars.  I helped myself to one and asked for Louis to have his own.  That is against my rules but the little fat girl in my head didn't want to share.


Not only was this a mistake for my "diet" but also for Louis' shirt.  Not sure what I was thinking but Louis' neck and shirt were covered in chocolate and ice cream.  He kept telling me he was "messy".  Man, giving him ice cream while he was reclined in 95 degree heat was not the smartest thing I've ever done.



I did wash the shirt.  It's got a nice dull tint to it now.  He'll look like one of those dirty kids when he wears it.  One of those kids that really grossed me out before I was a mom and I swore I'd never let my kids look like in public.  Funny how your view changes on certain things after you have a crazy little boy running around getting dirty.  And even funnier that this time he got really dirty because of something I handed him.  That is my little secret though so don't tell...






1 comment:

  1. Hold up. That ice cream was free?? It looked incredible when we were leaving, but I didn't know it was free and didn't have the strength to stop and pay. I really regretted not stopping for it and was craving ice cream for days after that!

    ReplyDelete