Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Not So Joys of Pregnancy

Don't get me wrong.  I'm grateful to be having a healthy pregnancy.  But you know those cute pregnant ladies?  The ones that really haven't changed except for that adorable bump?  Yep, that's NOT me.  This time I'm really feeling like Elizabeth Banks' character in What to Expect When You're Expecting.  Here is why.  You should stop reading now if my TMI is going to gross you out...



First, weight gain.  All of my books and doctors say the normal and healthy weight gain is 25 to 35 pounds.  Huh?  Too bad I gained that by the half way point.  I'm pretty sure I'm already up to 50 lbs and still have 10 weeks to go.  I'm not sensitive about it either.  I'm just hungry.  I've heard people say they only had room for a tiny bowl of cereal here and there.  What?  Pass me my own pizza, people.

30 Weeks Pregnant
Second, body pain.  I could break this category down, but why bother?  So many things hurt.  My back, especially my lower back and my lady parts are all sore.  Sometimes after cleaning or playing with Louis I can barely walk so I have no choice but to rest.  Then I have to keep my fingers crossed that I don't get stuck in my resting position.  I seriously need a push or boost sometimes to get up.  I'm also getting more braxton hicks this time and sometimes they actually hurt, even though my books say they aren't supposed to.  Well, I think my book is lying to me.

Third, bladder issues.  The minute that uterus starts growing and crowding out my bladder I am sure it will be my least favorite part of pregnancy.  I hate getting up all night to use the toilet.  Also, since I've already pushed one baby out, I have serious problems if I sneeze or cough.  Especially with this baby pushing on my bladder if you know what I mean.

Louis - 10 Days Old
Fourth, heavy breathing.  Heavy breathing is a serious pet peeve of mine.  I am acutely sensitive to this noise.  I've been to plays where I cannot concentrate because a heavy breather is sitting a few chairs away.  Sure enough, I am a heavy breather now.  It gets worse each day and now I'm waking myself up snoring and drooling at night.  I remember this from last time.  It's so gross!

Fifth and final complaint I'll subject you too is my emotional instability.  With Louis I was really happy all the time.  Not so on round two.  I'm moody and cry a lot.  Like the ugly cry too where I hyperventilate and feel like my chest is going to explode.  I know it's weird when it happens but I can't stop.

Maternity Pics with Louis
Like I said above, I really am happy to be pregnant and am looking forward to meeting this kid.  But sometimes, I just wish I was that cute pregnant lady that spends time at the gym and rubs her belly lovingly with a silly grin.  But then I spot that salted caramel cupcake and a crazy hormone starts yelling at me to EAT THAT CUPCAKE!

Happy pregnancy to all and a special thanks to my husband for putting up with my random crying, rubbing my back and sleeping in bed with a huge snoring monster each night!  

Louis and Daddy






1 comment:

  1. This is priceless and all so true. I forwarded the link onto my sister, who must be due around the same time as you!

    ReplyDelete