Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year!

Another year has passed and it was a pretty eventful one for our family!  We took Louis across Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska and South Dakota.  We had fun with him in Chicago and he became a world traveler through four European countries.  We’d love to go back soon!  Joe and I took trips on our own to Dallas, Vegas, San Diego and New Orleans.  I quit my job, decided cake pops aren’t worth my time, we said goodbye to our two dogs and we found out another baby is on the way.  I’m hoping 2013 will be another great year for us but I think we will move at a slower pace adjusting to the new addition in March.

Here is a wrap up of Christmas.  It is getting more fun now that Louis can feel the magic of the holiday and having a little one really makes us appreciate family and friends even more!

We were really excited for our first snow day since last year's winter was so mild.  He lasted about 30 minutes with me.  I'm not so fun since I was worried about falling the whole time.  Luckily Joe came home before dark and was more adventurous sledding down our icy driveway, etc.


Christmas Eve we made cookies for Santa.  Louis enjoyed decorating them but liked sampling his work even more!









He was very excited Christmas morning when Santa brought him the one thing he wanted - Candy Canes!



Santa's big gift was a train around our tree.


Our gift was play food for the new kitchen Joe made from scratch.  My mom also made him an apron and chef's hat.  He got Buzz Lightyear, wooden cars, puzzles and several books including an activity book Joe's mom made him.  He loves it all and I don't feel like we are swimming in toys so I'd say it was a success!



I did a poor job of taking pictures of my family but here is one with cousin Jonah.


The weekend after Christmas, we traveled to Saint Genevieve, Missouri for Joe's family Christmas.   Once again I was bad at capturing family pics but here are a few.  We stayed in one big house out in the country and it snowed around 4 inches.  It was so beautiful!

Joe's immediate family.






I hope you all had great holidays and wish the best for 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment