Monday, October 22, 2012

Review of Summer's End

Here is an update on what we have been up to since I took my blogging break.  

Joe finished the window seat for Louis' toys.  My rule is all toys have to fit in the seat (a lot of toys will fit) with the exception of his tent and outdoor toys.  I'd rather Louis have a few toys that he actually plays with instead of so many he forgets about half of them.  


We took Louis to two Royal's games.  He was hooked after the first one.  He loves Slugger, watches most of the game and one of his favorite bedtime songs is now, "Take Me Out to The Ball Game". 


Bridget and Louis 

He is equally obsessed with the Wildcats.  Daily he does Willy's KSU cheer and also requests the KSU fight song at bedtime.  He has learned the words to both of his new favorite songs.   


He has also learned to sing ABC's and point out almost all of the letters in the alphabet.  I worked with him on this but can't take all the credit.  Apparently the PBS show Super Why is a more enjoyable way for him to learn his letters.  

I found out that the weather and my lack of green thumb made gardening difficult but I got a few things to grow.  Next year I will try a smaller variety of plants. 


We took a train ride. 



Ate our way through 20 countries at the Ethnic Festival and Louis got stamps for his passport.



Went to a Mr. Stinky Feet concert at the library.


We did some babysitting for friends which is always fun for Louis.  

Baby Landon
Aiden
And sadly we put our other dog, Solomon, to sleep.  He was doing pretty good with Louis and I was able to have him out most of the time with close supervision.  One night we were all in the family room and Louis ran by Solomon and the dog snapped.  It was terrifying.  I know Solomon was just giving Louis a warning because Louis' injuries were not severe.  But there was still blood and tears.  You can imagine what a nip from a Great Dane's mouth looks like.  It was really sad and we miss the dogs but a huge weight was lifted and we are happy that Louis is safe.  That's all that really matters.  


A few more pics of Louis being silly.










No comments:

Post a Comment