Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bad Hair Day

I'm back!  Yes, I was on a little hiatus for a while but I had a good reason...


I got pregnant.  And SICK.  And TIRED.  And it happened a month prior to my scheduled "trying for #2" date.  I kept telling myself to be thankful.  Some people have a hard time getting pregnant, etc. so stop being a brat.  Yes, now I am thankful and glad to be past the 15 week mark when I finally started feeling good.  But for a while it was rough.  Poor Louis.  He had a lot of TV time while I napped on the couch.  At least it was PBS, right? 

I'll update on what we have been up to with Louis since I last posted around the 4th.  But for now I'm going to post about our trip to San Diego. 

My best friend, Melissa, got married in July and I was honored to be a bridesmaid.  


I had been looking forward to this wedding for months!!  One last trip without Louis where Joe and I could party with great friends in beautiful San Diego before we tried to expand our family.  Well, as I mentioned before I found out I was pregnant ahead of schedule so I was 6 weeks pregnant for the trip.  SAD.  No wine, no champagne toasts, no spray tan, a sober speech at the rehearsal dinner.  Poor me.
  
The first night we had dinner with our friends Kim & Bill after meeting the happy couple for drinks at a rooftop restaurant.  We went for a drink after dinner so I could watch them really enjoy those martinis.


I was excited that Joe booked a B&B in Little Italy for the first night.  


But our view from the wedding hotel was even better!


The rehearsal dinner was at a cute Italian place in Little Italy.  The food was great but I really wanted the wine.  Especially because I gave a little speech about Melissa.  And also because as everyone else had more and more wine I seemed to become more and more sober.

Fellow Bridesmaids & best friends.


Maid of Honor and beautiful bride.


Me with the husband.


Well, since I wasn't going to be drinking at the wedding, my saving grace was that we were getting our hair and make-up done.  This had been a success for me at Kim's wedding the year before so I was ready to look super hot.  I was a little disappointed that doctor's orders kept me from getting a spray tan but I was confident hair & make-up would make me look amazing.

I should mention my ONE request for hair was to make it look like I had a TON of it.  The bride's request was all of our hair to be down with curls.  No problem, right?

WRONG.  

There were two hair stylists.  They didn't have any trouble with anyone elses hair but after a coffee break they came back with a plan for my hair.  And here it is...


Is that a weave?  Nope.  It's my hair sprayed to the max with snake curls.  Does it look like I have a TON of hair?  I'll let you be the judge.  And this picture was taken after the professional ones with us girls at the harbor.  

I broke the news to Melissa the next day that I probably ruined those pics.  Luckily, she was in wedding day bliss and looked gorgeous so she hadn't noticed how terrible I looked.  

In case you didn't get a good enough look here is a close up.  This will be the only time I post a horrible pic of myself so enjoy!


The other bridesmaids and I brushed it out a little in secret so it looked better by the ceremony.  


It really was a great wedding.  The dance floor was packed the whole time and I got to see an amazing person marry her best friend.  

Some of my favorite people at the reception!


Brunch the next morning.


My favorite ladies!


Married couple celebrating pool side after brunch.


One last shot on our balcony before we made the trip home.


Love ya, Melissa!  Thanks for a great time and the honor of being a part of your day!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Megan! I sympathize with you on the no booze=no fun. I was pregnant with Henry the first trip we took to NYC and then pregnant with Julia the first time we went to Chicago. Lame. Hope you have a great pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete