Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Super Wife



End of Week 1

Thursday - Sunday


So the end of last week turned out great!  We went to lunch with my mom on Thursday and I was 5 minutes early!  Yeah, me!  It was Louis' nap time though.  Luckily I had my trusty carrier which he sleeps well in.  It was a little tricky eating sushi but much better dealing with that than a crazy 18 month old in public!  Speaking of, he did wake up when we left and I pushed my luck running errands in Brookside.  We went to Reading Reptile so he could see his beloved "Goodnight Gorilla" and buy a book on colors.  His little friend, Bridget, is a month older and knows her colors really well so I'm determined work on this.  Oh, what about that nap, you say?  At one point he was happily looking at a pinwheel and the next he was running down the street SCREAMING.  I had to abandon my purse to get him & carry him back by the arm.  Luckily my purse was not stolen but I did see a man staring at me like I was that mom.

Reading Reptile
Happy After. Nap.  Yeah, I look crazy.  Try taking a cute pic and get your kid to pose
Planting Flowers 
Admiring his Work

Friday we headed over to Topeka to hang out with Joe's sister, Emily, and family.  I left about and hour and a half later than expected but they were having a garage sale so it didn't really matter what time we got there.  Louis loves playing with his cousins!


The Olson's were camping at Lake Shawnee so we went out to the campsite with them.  Todd was out fishing with the boys so Louis and I helped set-up the pop-up.  OK, I really just sat there and watched the true Kirchner's set it up.  A 9 year old and 18 month old can set-up a camper better than I can but I did offer to help.  Louis also got to see a fish up close and touch it.  He's been semi-obsessed with fish lately so it was exciting!

FISH! FISH! FISH!


So here is where the Super Wife steps in...
Joe was on a trip from Tuesday to Sunday last week.  After my failed attempt to have a clean house last Monday, I decided to DEEP-CLEAN the family room and kitchen.  I started on Saturday doing windows and all!!  Well, that night rolled around and I realized I was in over my head.  Here is what the house looked like when Joe got home Sunday.

Oops!  Just so Joe wasn't too disappointed I started vacuuming the couch right before he walked in.  I had to make it look like I was just totally absorbed in cleaning and I think I fooled him.  Too bad he will know my trick after he reads this!  Anyway, I did end up getting it sparkling.  It just took me three days instead of one.  All of this for just two attached rooms.  It's funny how you never have as much time as you think once a kid enters the picture.  

Louis was really excited to have his daddy back!  And so was Super Wife!!


I'm getting into more of a rhythm this week and so far do not have regrets on quitting my job.  I'm still trying to figure out how to structure this blog and when exactly to post.  (Other than just when I have time.)  Thanks for reading and supporting my little outlet from mommy land!

Here are a few extra pics from the week.

Something to Climb!
Bath Time


Happy Boy!











1 comment: