Friday, May 10, 2013

Single Parent

This year my husband has been traveling more than ever for work.  I really don't like being a single parent during these days.  I shouldn't complain.  Both of our parents help me out and he is never gone for more than a few days.  I really gain more & more respect for the real single parents I know during these times.


I always have these grand plans in my mind of how my days will go.  Like on Joe's birthday last week I had this vision.  There would be gifts wrapped when he walked into our spotless house.  His requested dinner and dessert would be ready at candle light and Louis would yell, "Ta Da!".  Well, the house was a mess, I was still in pj's scrambling to finish dinner and then he had to wait while I wrapped gifts after our meal.  I'm an AMAZING house wife.  Every man's dream.  


So Tuesday was Louis' "school" day and my plan was to clean and go to the store.  I dusted one room and did not make it to the store.  It's really not my fault.  I blame Nola.  (Oh, and my bum back that I hurt running around last time Joe was gone.)  In an act of desperation due to an empty pantry, I e-mailed Joe's always on time dad for some help.  I told him I'd be there around 9:30-10am Wednesday.  Well, when 10:05 rolled around I thought I better call to tell him I was just leaving.



I have this new look I've mastered since I stay home now.  I shower about every other day and only have time to dry my hair.  So if it's not pulled back it's down & frizzy.  Then I do this terrible 5 minute make-up job & throw yoga pants on.  

When I walk out the door I feel like this:


But I look more like this:


I decided to go to the new Hy-Vee with my very long grocery list.  Bad idea.  I don't know my way around this store and about half way through my shopping Nola starts crying.  This flusters me and I end up buying some expensive items.  I can't do math on my own and a crying baby makes it worse.  I get out of the store and Nola screams all the way back to Papa's.  Things were going ok when I made it home but I had to call my mom for help after dinner.  My back is so bad I can barely bend over so I had to admit defeat one more time.



So that's how my days go when I'm lucky.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm really cut out for this stay-at-home thing.  I'm pretty sure I lost my mind the minute I got pregnant with Louis.  So I think I'll have a glass of wine tonight in honor of the single parents out there that probably have it more together than I do.  And if you see a crazy lady running around KC, it's probably me.  I will leave you will lots of Easter pictures that make it look like I'm a perfect mom.

Still not sure about the bunny at our neighborhood hunt but look how much Louis has grown!




He told us he found "all of the eggs!".


Nola says it's time to go!


Checking out his treasure!


Making our eggs for the real bunny to hide.




Seeing the basket the bunny left for him!



Hunting for eggs Easter morning.




Daddy and Nola.


Getting fancy!


Playing with cousins.


Fixing things like daddy and papa!




She does not appreciate being my dolly.










No comments:

Post a Comment