Tuesday, July 10, 2012

One Hot Summer

I feel like I'm slipping on blogging but am not surprised.  I am one of those people that gets really excited about something but I'm not the best at follow through.

Here's what we have been up to since we got back from South Dakota.

Cake Pops.  My friend Molly & I have been getting more & more cake pop orders.  You can read about some of them on our blog: http://kcpopparty.blogspot.com/ .

This is the display we did over the weekend for a whale party.


I've been pretty paranoid since I've been staying home with Louis that his learning & development pace had declined.  I was struggling with the balance between house work & Louis time.  I got a little boost of confidence at Wall Drug when I told him to count some horse posts he liked.  He surprised Joe, Aysha and me by counting to ten!  I couldn't believe it.  We've always counted with him but he has always just said, "two" when he counts.  I guess the little guy was just keeping his counting skills to himself.  Since then he has gone up to 16 by himself and up to twenty if we alternate saying numbers with him.


We had a great 4th of July at home this year!  Our neighborhood starts the day with a kid parade.  Those are the twins down the street I have been stalking since I found out they are Louis' age.


We have two super secret neighborhood parks.  They are in between a bunch of houses and there is a certain driveway you take to access them.  The little kids played on the swing set.


The big kids had a water slide...


And a dunk tank.


I know Joe wanted to participate but it's for kids only!


The neighborhood provided some food.  The watermelon was great for the heat.


We only allowed the hot dogs since it was a holiday.  If you know me, you know I LOVE hot dogs.  I don't eat them anymore after all the cancer stuff I read on them.  Call me crazy, I know.


Later we had a nice dinner outside followed by $5 worth of illegal fireworks around the fire pit.  I couldn't resist sharing the joy with Louis!


It was HOT!


SNAPPERS!


Louis enjoyed stomping on them.


Sparklers!



Fountains


Here are some other ways we have been staying cool.  I love the summer though so I'm not complaining!






Helping daddy build a window seat for all my toys!



We will be gearing up for a wedding in San Diego toward the end of the month without Louis.  I should have some good updates from that trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment